The path designed in the specialized olive grove of the company with about 600 plants, aims to introduce participants to all the characteristics of the plant and its fruit, including the transformation of the fruit into oil.
Obviously the practical part will be varied according to the time of the visit, it will pass from pruning in the months of February-March, to the harvest at the end of October-November, to spring fertilization, from the summer cleaning of the useless branches up to the transformation of the olives into a mill. November-December oil.
The theoretical part will always be ensured by videos and stories with the following schedule:
- Illustration of the types of plants that make up the system and the reason for this choice
- Soil care, fertilization, grassing
- Various pruning systems depending on the type of collection that is used and reuse of waste
- Various examples of olive harvesting: manual and mechanized
- Transformation of the fruit in the mill and reuse of waste
- Conservation of oil.
The path targets users
- all students, from kindergarten to high school
- groups of adults
- groups of foreigners, with the possibility of exposure for all in English and French.
If you want to know our local culture, we will guide you in pleasant training courses. You will be able to experience the land and the surrounding natural environment, you can let yourself be fascinated by our legends told in the woods, you will learn ancient local recipes near the fireplace … Or you can get lost in counting the stars in the magnificent summer evenings.
Contact usfor more information.
(The use of foreign languages will be contextualized to the method, becoming a support for it, where required or deemed appropriate due to the number of visitors)